Oldcastle Primary School Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA)
Oldcastle Primary PTA Committee members:
Angela Minton - Chair
Kim Lewis - Vice Chair
Lowri McCausland - Treasurer
Julia Shaw - Secretary
10 Reasons to get involved in Oldcastle PTFA
As parents, you are AUTOMATICALLY a member of the PTFA… your voice counts. Taking an active role with the PTFA is critical to your children’s success, so we’ve compiled a list of 10 reasons why helping the PTFA will greatly improve your child’s experience of school.
1. You are vital to the success of the school Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTFA’s for funds. Without the funds raised by the PTA, your child would not get the benefits of tablet computers and the Trim Trail which were donated in the last year.
2. It’s TOTALLY flexible! There are a variety of small ways you can help and be involved – from designing a poster, photocopying and distributing letters in the school, cleaning up after an event, helping out on a stall…so many ways. Giving up just 30 minutes of your time to help the PTFA is invaluable. You don’t have to attend PTFA meetings – you can use our contact details to send in ideas for discussion.
3. You’ll feel more connected. There’s no better way to know what events are being planned, have your say or make new fundraising suggestions, than by offering your help and support.
4. You’ll be part of a great network. Every PTFA event is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you. You will be part of a like-minded network of people who all share a common goal of improving the school for all our children.
5. Make a difference. By volunteering to help the PTFA, you’ll be able to use whatever skills you have for a noble cause. Our PTFA strive to establish a supportive and encouraging community for the entire school.
6. We’re not just for mums! It’s important to our PTFA, our school and our pupils to have dads represented and to help reach out to other dads. Are you a dad with a skill that would come in useful?
7. Be a role model. By getting involved with our PTFA, you’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well. Your children will see you playing an active part in making their education more varied. Getting involved illustrates good teamwork and community spirit.
8. What the PTFA does affects every parent (and pupil). Your voice matters – the PTFA is made up of people elected to represent you, so help us to do this effectively. Your ideas and involvement can help improve the quality of education for all the children at our school. See the smiles on their faces and know that you have played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun!
9. It’s fun! Help plan fun events, socials and get-togethers. Suggest NEW fun ways to raise funds. Get your whole family involved!
10. Finally…Our children are only at school for a relatively short time. PTFA events will be remembered fondly by our children for a lifetime. The equipment and resources the PTFA helps fund, make learning even more engaging. Help us continue to create lasting memories for our children.
Do you work for a large corporation (e.g. a bank, building society, other financial institution)? If so, do they offer matched fundraising to their staff as part of their ‘support in the communities’ programme? Many large corporations offer this but don’t generally advertise this to their staff very well - you may need to check with your Human Resources department!
Matched Fundraising is where companies offer to ‘match’ funds raised by charitable organisations like PTA groups. For example, just by helping out on a stall at the Summer Fete or Christmas Fair that raises £200, you could then ask your employer to ‘match’ this by contributing another ‘£200’ – thus increasing the PTA funds significantly! Please let us know if you are able to help in this way.
The PTA have a range of fundraising which provide a donation to the PTA when orders are placed:
Embroidered school uniform online service -
Give as you Live - https://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/oldcastleprimarypta
Stikins Name Labels - https://www.stikins.co.uk/?NAME-LABELS=14894
Unique reference: 14894
Follow the Oldcastle PTA facebook page for regular updates on upcoming events and fundraising opportunities: