Our visions and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning and provide an environment that prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
We are an ambitious school where learning values underpin excellence, individuals are valued, achievements celebrated and where our pupils, staff and community are happy and safe and learn together through a lively and innovative curriculum.
Inspire★ Motivate ★ Educate
At Oldcastle, we are proud of each other and ourselves. We nurture all of our community so that we grow as confident, responsible and happy people. Oldcastle school is more than just learning.
- We try hard for each other
- We act responsibly
- We treat people how we’d like to be treated
- We work as a team
- We trust and respect each other
- We listen and learn together
- We share knowledge and experience
Together we make the difference
Together we shape innovative experiences
- To provide the highest academic standards in all aspects of the curriculum, continually monitoring and reviewing our teaching practice
- To foster pupils’ enthusiasm and develop their knowledge and understanding to enable them to be ‘successful learners’
- To provide an environment that is secure, happy, stimulating and challenging
- To develop pupils’ confidence and self-esteem, ensuring that each individual is effectively motivated to do his/ her best
- To be aware that each child has unique qualities, and provide the environment for those qualities to be developed
- To give a context to our children’s learning, by providing breadth and balance and cross-curricular links where possible
- To work in genuine partnership with parents and the wider community, appreciating cultural diversity
- To prepare our children for life in society and to show respect and tolerance towards others and behave responsibly
- To be proud of our Welsh heritage, and enjoy learning through the medium of Welsh